Saturday, June 4, 2011

(Dog) Days of Summer

School's almost over (3 days, people, 3 days), which means it is nearly impossible to remain free of summer plan preoccupation. Aside from the "backbone" of my summer- the camp or program I attend - I always set goals for myself in my mind. No, not shallow goals, like "I wanna get an awesome tan." Goals more along the line of trying to read as many classic novels and books in general as possible. It's like the whole New Year's Resolution thing all over again. Summer is bursting with possibility. Think of all the days where you don't have to sit couped up in a classroom (well, I will be in a classroom...but in NYC, so it beats normal school by a long shot)! Think of all of the time to swim, laugh, read, and just have fun. Every year I tell myself that I will make the most out of my summer, and this summer is no different. I will not let summer slip away from me, and you shouldn't let it slip away either. So, here are several summer goals I've set for myself:

  • Make lot of new friends at pre-college program. And actually stay in touch.
  • Read as much as possible, and take the time to actually finish Les Mis.
  • Write more.
  • Be more creative - take more photos, make scrapbooks, be crafty!
  • Get a head start on that college essay.
  • Exercise. Or get in the habit of exercising at least.
  • Be more proactive...instead of just talking about doing something, like baking, actually do it.
Whatever goals you have, do your best to meet them. Have an awesome summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment