Saturday, June 4, 2011

As junior year comes to a close...

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.”

-Henry David Thoreau

Boy, is high school speeding by! I can't believe I'll be a senior in a week and a half. It's unreal, how fast these three years have flown by. Of course there were ups and there were downs, but I've had some pretty great experiences in high school in between the piles of schoolwork. And even if there is something I dislike about a situation, it is in my nature to pick out something positive from the experience. I may not enjoy all of the work, for example, but in the long run, I can look back and observe just how much I've learned. And while I may not have made a million best friends, I've become closer with some people I already knew. One more year left, huh? As Thoreau says, you must live in the present, which is difficult with college and a whole new level of freedom and responsibility looming around the corner. 


Living in the moment should be a mantra for just about everyone. Whether young or old, whether fighting a disease or celebrating something positive, it is truly necessary to find your own eternity in each moment of your life. The days themselves may feel like eternity, but the years fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment